Error: Cannot retrieve informations about the document

Oct 7, 2010 at 11:09 PM

"Cannot retrieve informations about the document. This document could be an invalid pdf file or password protected"

Hi, just got PDF Rider today thanks to a post on Lifehacker and encounter this error with all of the PDF files I have tried. I thought it was happening with files I had created through an image editor I use (FastStone.org) but several product manuals that I have downloaded from the manufacturer sites produce the same message. I'm not very familiar with how pdf files work and am stumped as to what else to try. Using Windows 7 Professional, Adobe Reader is default pdf handler. Thanks for any help.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:11 PM

I am getting the exact same message.  Any help would be appreciated

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2010 at 7:40 AM
Edited Oct 12, 2010 at 7:46 PM

@Shown: I just downloaded FastStone.org and I don't get any error with the generated pdfs on Windows XP. I will check it on Win7 as soon as I can. In the meanwhile can you send me a pm at "venon[at]live[dot]it" with one of the above-mentioned pdf?

--- Edit ---

It seems to be a compatibility issue of pdftk and Windows 7. If you open the pdf document twice it should work fine. I will check it deeper.